- Information about the Museum’s accessibility offerings is available here. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at NMAAHCVisitorServices@si.edu.
The National Museum of African American History and Culture’s hours of operation are Tuesday - Sunday from 10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., and 12:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m. on Mondays. On Mondays that are observed as Federal Holidays, the museum will open at 10:00 a.m. The museum is closed on December 25.
Group reservations are available from 10:15 am to 2:45 pm. Passes are released on a rolling basis, on the 3rd Monday of the month at 9:00 a.m. EST. Currently, passes are available through the end of January. Passes for February will be released on December 18th at 9:00 a.m. EST.
10 is the minimum number of visitors for a group reservation and the maximum is 100 (including chaperones) per entry time. Groups larger than 200 must split over more than one day.
If you have a group larger than 200, please contact NMAAHCGrouprequests@si.edu.
Please note the following guidelines while securing your timed-entry passes:
- All Smithsonian visitors, regardless of age, must have a timed-entry pass to enter.
- Companions or personal care attendants also need a timed-entry pass.
- Passes are valid only for the issued date and time and void if altered.
- All children (18 and younger) must be accompanied by an adult chaperone.
- At least one adult chaperone is required to accompany up to 10 children.