To be placed on the waitlist for possible ticket releases, click here.
Sign language tickets and a limited number of accessible seats are available by visiting or calling the Altria Theater box office at 804.592.3384.
Nationally-known recording artists and 200 SPARC students with and without disabilities will take the stage together for a night of music, dance, visual art, and inspiring human connection for what has become one of Richmond’s favorite and most anticipated annual performances.
LIVE ART is SPARC’s inclusive program for students with and without disabilities. Working together in a variety of visual and performing arts classes for one year, students with a range of disabilities alongside typically developing students, rehearse their performances while building relationships and understanding of one another using SPARC’s unique ACE (acceptance, compassion, and empathy) curriculum. The program, now in its sixth year, culminates in an annual mega-show, featuring nationally and regionally recognized recording artists and performers performing with each class collectively performing visual and performing arts.
LIVE ART: LOVE, will feature:
• Internationally renowned singer, songwriter, and actor Josh Groban;
• Two-time Grammy Award winning singer/songwriter, and SPARC alumnus Jason Mraz;
• Multi Grammy and Tony Award nominated singer-songwriter, and New York Times best-selling author Sara Bareilles;
• Five-time Grammy Award winner and former member of The Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan, songwriter, keyboardist, and record producer Michael McDonald;
• Musician, finalist on season 14 of “American Idol,” and Richmond, VA native Rayvon Owen;
• Two-time Grammy Award nominee, songwriter, and jazz vocalist René Marie;
• Eclectic indie folk band, songwriting team, and founders of Rock n’ Roll Camp for Girls Los Angeles Raining Jane;
• Musician, storyteller, playwright, and guitarist and songwriter for the indie folk band Eddie From Ohio Robbie Schaefer;
• Noted composer, arranger, and lyricist Chris Caswell;
• Local artists and performers include: Daniel Clarke, Steve Bassett, Desirée Roots, Susan Greenbaum, the Richmond Symphony Youth Orchestra String Ensemble, Host of Sparrows, City Dance Theatre, One Voice Chorus, Henrico High School Sound Sensations Choir, and R.A.M.ifications of VCU.
For more information on the concert and the students’ year-long program, visit www.sparconline.org/liveart/
VIP tickets for 2018 are SOLD OUT.
Presale Schedule (passwords required for all):
Mar 19 at 10AM (ends Mar 26 at 10AM) - SPARC Parents, Faculty, Crew, VCU, and Admin Staff
Mar 26 at 10AM - Altria Employees (ends Mar 30 at 10AM) , SPARC Constituency & Partner Orgs (ends Apr 2 at 10AM)
Mar 29 at 10AM (ends Mar 30 at 10AM) - Venue and local presales. Presale for Capital One cardholders.
Public Onsale: April 2 at 10AM