126 EAST CHESTNUT STREET
The Fourth Presbyterian Church of Chicago was founded in February 1871 when the congregations of Westminster Presbyterian Church and North Presbyterian Church merged. On October 8 of that same year, the great Chicago fire destroyed Fourth Church's first worship space the very night the young congregation dedicated it new home! In February, 1874, the congregation dedicated its new facility on the northwest corner of Rush and Superior Streets. After 40 years at this location, the growing congregation and its many programs called for a new facility.