1200 Nw Fairgrounds Rd
The first recorded Kitsap County Fair was held in 1923 in Port Orchard, some 15 miles from its present location. It moved to Bremerton, its present location, in 1958. In 1929, exhibitors at the Fair totaled 1,000; today there are more than 6,000, with annual attendance of 80,000.
In 1960, the Chief Kitsap Stampede sold stock certificates for $1 and constructed the Thunderbird Arena. When completed it held 12,000 spectators. In the late ‘70’s, portions of the Arena were condemned. The covered grandstands were later added. Today the Arena holds 5,000 spectators and is used year-round for various events such as D-derby, Draft Horse Show, monster trucks and more. The complex has an annual overall attendance at its various events of more than 211,000.