Greater Kansas City Japan Festival 2023
The Japan Festival is a one-day event held annually at Johnson County Community College, dedicated to educating and entertaining the Greater Kansas City metro area through an introduction to Japanese culture.
The festival is presented by the Heart of America Japan-America Society. Since 1962, the Heart of America Japan-America Society (HAJAS) has made it our mission “To further the understanding between the peoples of Japan and the Greater Kansas City area by promoting social, cultural and educational exchanges.”
We have some exciting changes to the festival this year! Festival events will be spread out across several buildings on the JCCC campus:
- Food has moved to the Commons building (COM), next to and inside of the JCCC food court
- Japan-related booths including Oriental Supermarket are now in the Capitol Federal conference room in the Regnier Center (RC)
- Information tables are spread throughout the festival (see maps once you get to campus)
- Wristband pickup will be available at Box Office locations in
- Midwest Trust Center (MTC)
- Student Center (SC)
- Regnier Center (RC)
- Outside the CoLab in the Office and Classroom Building (OCB)
- Festival maps will be available on campus the day of the festival
To save $5 on each ticket you purchase, enter the code KABUKI at checkout!
If you purchase tickets the day of the festival, you'll have two locations to purchase: The Box Office in the MTC lobby and the Box Office Satellite in the Student Center.