Bitch (Bitch and Animal, Shortbus) is back with her 9th studio album, Bitchcraft. She describes her new sound as “Poet Pop”. After taking an 8 year hiatus from releasing music, she had the time and space to get conscious of the kind of music she wanted to make. Veering from her folk punk roots, Bitch’s new sound caught the attention of Kill Rock Stars, who will release the full record this year. Bitchcraft is poppy and poetic and will appeal to her loyal fan-base as well as put her on the map for new audiences to discover.
Bitch has been a fixture in the queer music scene for over 20 years. She first burst onto the scene with her band Bitch and Animal, who toured with Ani Difranco and released albums on Righteous Babe Records. After going solo, she released an album on Kill Rock Stars, toured with The Indigo Girls, Melissa Ferrick, and Jay Brannan, produced two albums of her folk Idol Ferron, played herself in John Cameron Mitchell’s (Hedwig and The Angry Inch) Shortbus, co-wrote a song with Margaret Cho, and licensed her music to The L Word.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS: Please note that any member of the public attending a live ticketed event at Berklee will be required to provide the following:
1) Government-issued photo ID
and one of the following:
2) One form of COVID-related documentation:
- Proof of full vaccination (two weeks after the second of a two-shot vaccine, or the first of a one-shot vaccine)
- proof of a negative PCR test (taken within 72 hours of the event) or a rapid antigen test (taken within 24 hours of the event).
- You may provide these documents in physical/paper form, by photocopy, or a photo on your phone, as long as all information is clearly visible and readable. Photos of at-home tests must be time-stamped.