Fanny pack? Hip bag? Whatever you want to call it, hands free is the way to be! In this beginner-level bootcamp, resident master of leather and Tilt Leather owner Jennifer Laursen will teach you two fantastic leatherworking skills: bag construction AND belt making! You will combine these skills to create your own leather fanny pack, and personalize it with your choice of natural, brown, or black leather, and brass or nickel hardware.
In this class, you will learn a ton of leatherworking skills, such as:
- Tracing and cutting a pattern from leather
- Punching holes for hand stitching
- Hand sewing using the saddle stitch
- Using leather adhesives
- Proper measuring to produce the perfect fit
- Cutting straps straight off the leather hide
- Correctly applying hardware to your leather (buckles, button studs, and rivets)
This class includes several hours of handwork and stitching, so a prior leather class or sewing class is helpful, but absolutely not necessary. Bring those hands well rested and ready to work!
None. Please note that we are offering black, brown, and tan leather colorways for your bag. You will choose this color when buying your class ticket.
Jennifer Laursen, owner and designer of Tilt Leather, has been making leather accessories for women, men, and home for the past nine years. She also teaches leatherwork to kids and adults around the Bay Area. You can catch her work at local stores and artisan markets, as well as online at http://www.tiltleather.com
The rules / important stuff:
We have a NO EXCEPTIONS 72 HOUR CANCELLATION policy
- this includes cancellation, re-books, gift certificates, moving classes, etc. For more information on canceling a class, please read our cancellation policy
. All classes are 21+ unless you email for permission. If any questions, please email us at info AT workshopsf DOT org
ALL CLASSES TAKE PLACE AT WORKSHOP, 1798 MCALLISTER STREET UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED ON THE TITLE AND LISTING.