Students from the Berklee Institute of Jazz and Gender Justice perform with its illustrious faculty, Grammy-winning drummer/producer, Terri Lyne Carrington; celebrated bassist/ composer, Linda May Han Oh; critically acclaimed pianist/composer, Kris Davis; and special guest, innovative trumpeter/composer, Ambrose Akinmusire. The concert will include songs from the forth coming book, New Standards:101 Lead Sheets By Women Composers, and will be featured on the group’s upcoming album, New Standards, Vol. one.
The mission of the institute is to recruit, teach, mentor, and advocate for musicians seeking to study jazz with gender justice and racial justice as guiding principles. Founded by Carrington, who also serves as the artistic director, the institute seeks to engage itself and others in making an important and long-lasting cultural shift in jazz and other music communities.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS: Please note that any member of the public attending a live ticketed event at Berklee will be required to provide the following:
1) Government-issued photo ID
and one of the following:
2) One form of COVID-related documentation:
- Proof of full vaccination (two weeks after the second of a two-shot vaccine, or the first of a one-shot vaccine)
- proof of a negative PCR test (taken within 72 hours of the event) or a rapid antigen test (taken within 24 hours of the event).
- You may provide these documents in physical/paper form, by photocopy, or a photo on your phone, as long as all information is clearly visible and readable. Photos of at-home tests must be time-stamped.
Members of the Berklee community who are part of the regular testing protocol only need to present their ticket and Berklee ID to gain entry.
Additionally, masks will be required indoors, regardless of vaccination or negative test status. Patrons are required to bring their own masks, and to wear them over their nose and mouth. Please review our detailed Public Events and Performances webpage, and email the box office with any questions.