A SWEEPING ROMANCE THAT WILL LIFT YOU UP WHERE YOU BELONG! AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN, based on the 1982 Academy® Award-winning film starring Richard Gere, begins touring North America with a premiere in the fall of 2020. Featuring the Grammy® Award-winning, #1 hit single "Up Where We Belong," AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN is a breathtaking production that celebrates triumph over adversity and includes one of the most iconic and romantic endings ever portrayed on screen. Based on the original screenplay by Douglas Day Stewart whose personal experience as a Naval Officer Candidate inspired one of the highest grossing films of all time, the book for the musical is a new adaptation by multiple Tony AwardⓇ nominee Dick Scanlan (THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE, EVERYDAY RAPTURE), based on the original book by Douglas Day Stewart and Sharleen Cooper Cohen. The musical is directed by Dick Scanlan with choreography by Broadway sensation Patricia Wilcox (MOTOWN, A NIGHT WITH JANIS JOPLIN). Dan Lipton (THE BAND'S VISIT, THE LAST SHIP) serves as the music supervisor/arranger for the production, featuring a score based on the 1980s catalogue of music that gave voice to a generation. .
$35.00 - $90.00 (plus taxes & fees)
- All patrons of the Buddy Holly Hall, regardless of age, must have a ticket for admission, including children and infants carried in arms. Strollers are not allowed in the building. Please note that most ticketed events at The Buddy Holly Hall are not appropriate for preschool-age children.
- There are no refunds or exchanges of tickets purchased. If an event is canceled and rescheduled, patrons will receive the new performance information through the email address provided at the point of sale. If a performance is canceled and is not re-scheduled, The Buddy Holly Hall will issue a full refund.
- Scalpers and ticket brokers are not recognized ticketing agents by The Buddy Holly Hall. To avoid issues with counterfeit, stolen or voided tickets, guests should make their purchase through Etix authorized outlets only. Contact the Buddy Holly Theater Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (806) 79-BUDDY for more information.
- Please do not bring point and shoot cameras inside The Buddy Holly Hall with interchangeable/detachable lens or external flash (no professional photography), tablets and audio/visual recording devices, selfie sticks, tripods & monopods. As a courtesy to our guests and performers, do not take cell phone photos or videos.
- Only clear, small personal bags or purses (12″ x 12″x 6″ maximum size) are allowed in the venue. Please note that some events may enforce a modified bag policy.