Keeneland has teamed up with UK HealthCare to bring a fitness initiative across the Bluegrass Community! The Keeneland Gatepost Gallop presented by UK HealthCare encourages an active lifestyle and togetherness for the community.
Walk, run, roll, bike or ride a scooter from the comfort of your own neighborhood. Simply log your family's mileage starting August 1 - 31 and email your tracking sheet to us to show how far you traveled. Participants are encouraged to log 5 miles per week and Keeneland will donate $1 per mile* completed to local charities or groups whose event has been cancelled this year. Every mile counts!
All Gatepost Gallop participants will receive a sticker, finisher's certificate, medal, and a UKHC promo item. Adults will receive a hat from the Keeneland Shop and children will receive a Kids Club Water bottle! Medals will be distributed at the end of the program, more details to come!
Below are the charities that the monetary donations will be given:
- The American Heart Association
- Bluegrass Runners benefitting (Arbor Youth Services, CASA, Central Music Academy, FEED, Repairers of Lexington/E7 Kids Café, Surgery on Sunday)
- Cystic Fibrosis Kentucky/West Virginia Chapter
- DV8 Kitchen
- Epilepsy Foundation of Kentuckiana
- Girls on the Run
- Honor Flight Kentucky
- Kerrington's Heart, Inc.
- Lexington Humane Society
- March of Dimes
- Nathan's Hope Scholarship Fund & UK HealthCare Kentucky Children's Hospital
- The Pearse Lyons ACE Foundation
- Shepherd's House, Inc.
- Woodhill Community Center (Lexus of Lexington charity of choice)
*Donation amount based on $1 per mile, 5 miles per week, per participant.
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org