The Cactus Blossoms
Doors Open: 6:00 PM
ACCESSIBLE - ADA: $22.00
TICKET SALE DATES
ADULT / ACCESSIBLE - ADA Public Onsale: May 19, 2023 10:00 AM to August 5, 2023 9:00 AM
About The Cactus Blossoms:
“Hey baby, do you wanna take a trip with me? / I’ve got a feeling there might be a silver lining all around.” So begins One Day, the captivating new album from critically acclaimed Minneapolis duo The Cactus Blossoms. Written and recorded during the COVID-19 pandemic, the record explores the tension between optimism and despair that’s defined much of the past few years of American life, examining the power (or naïveté, depending on your perspective) of positive thinking in the face of chaos and uncertainty. The songs here are tender and timeless, with straightforward arrangements centered around brothers Jack Torrey and Page Burkum’s airtight harmonies, and the performances are warm and intimate to match, delivered with a soulful, ’70s-inspired palette of playful Wurlitzer, breezy guitars, and muscular percussion.
The Cactus Blossoms broke out nationally in 2016 with their JD McPherson-produced debut, You’re Dreaming. Dates with Kacey Musgraves, Jenny Lewis, and Lucius followed, as did raves from the New York Times and NPR, who praised “the brothers’ extraordinary singing.” The band wasurther catapulted into the spotlight in 2018, when David Lynch tapped them to perform in the return of Twin Peaks, and continued to build on their success with their 2019 sophomore LP, Easy Way, which led Rolling Stone to laud the duo’s “rock-solid, freak of genetics harmonies.”
- No re-admittance allowed.
- This is a rain or shine event.
- All ages are welcome!
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase from concession stands or by reservation in our Craft Cocktail and Eatery; those over 21 will be able to purchase Tattersall Cocktails on tap. This is a no smoking facility.
- On site parking available. We do encourage carpooling.
- The following items are not permitted:
- Lawn chairs
- Pets (service animals only)
- Outside food and beverages
- Backpacks or large bags (All bags will be searched by security upon entrance.)