Join Katie Baker of Baker Nest to create your own Ohio Star Barn Quilt. Barn quilts were first seen across America's rural landscape hundreds of years ago, but it wasn't until the early 2000s that we saw a revival in this folk art with a grassroots movement that began in Ohio.
Barn quilts are a quilt block, painted on wood, and hung on barns that reflect the family's heritage and also celebrates the women's role in agriculture through the beautiful quilt blocks they created. Barn quilts can bring that history directly into our homes and can be displayed proudly from a family room, to a kitchen, to a backyard gathering place. Katie will walk you through creating your own unique barn quilt on a 12x12 square.
- Workshops will last approximately one hour and all the necessary supplies will be provided for your use at the workshop
- See map for location of workshops, please check in 10-15 minutes prior to start time with either your printed workshop ticket or show on your mobile device
- Drying and holding area for projects will be provided, you can pick up when you are ready to leave
- Admission ticket to the Country Living Fair is required to participate in a workshop, click Continue Shopping to purchase admission tickets
- There is a $5 service fee per order (not per ticket or reservation)
- Purchases, workshop reservations and fees are non-refundable whether or not used. The Fair and Workshops are held rain or shine.