Inspired by philosopher Gaston Bachelard's concept of the psychological, emotional significance of rooms and houses, For a Dreamer of Houses presents contemporary artworks that evoke personal spaces and considers the politics of places we identify with. The exhibition debuts major recent acquisitions-immersive installations by Alex Da Corte, Francisco Moreno, and Do Ho Suh, as well as large-scale works by Pipilotti Rist and Janine Antoni-along with a broad selection of works from the permanent collection.Please note, this is a timed entry ticket. This ticket includes entry to the Special Exhibition For a Dreamer of Houses only for your selected date and time. You must have a matching General Admission ticket for the same time to enter the building. A special exhibition ticket alone will not permit entry to the DMA.
Please note that at 4:45 PM, all guests will be required to leave the building regardless of time of entry for building-wide cleaning. Please ensure you have secured your matching General Admission ticket and that you arrive on time.
Early and late entry will not be permitted under any circumstance. If you miss your assigned time slot, you must secure both another General Admission ticket to enter the building and another Special Exhibition ticket, possibly for another date and time. By reserving your ticket you acknowledge the range of new DMA instated health and sanitation guidelines and protocols to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors, including:
For more information, please see our Visitation Guidelines.
- Cleaning and sanitization of all public spaces.
- In accordance with Dallas County regulations, all guests and employees will be required to wear face masks while visiting the DMA. The DMA will provide them to visitors without one.
- Entrance to the Museum is limited to the North entrance to control traffic. Guests may depart the Museum from m any of the building entries.
- To help limit crowds and enforce social distancing guidelines, guests will be required to reserve timed General Admission tickets online prior to arrival.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the DMA.
- Limited seating will be available inside the galleries and will be cleaned frequently.
- The DMA will require cashless transactions.
If you have questions, or need to order both Member and non-member tickets, please contact Guest Services at GuestServices@dma.org.
DMA Members get more. Become a DMA Member today, support the Dallas Museum of Art and enjoy FREE tickets to special exhibitions, FREE parking in the DMA garage, and more!