Enjoy a behind-the-scenes look as Keeneland transforms into the home of the 2022 Breeders’ Cup World Championships. See and learn how the months of preparations are needed to host this international event. Tours will highlight the addition of temporary structures near the track and Paddock as well as other areas to accommodate horsemen and racing fans.
Watch Thoroughbreds train on the main track as they prepare for upcoming competition, including the Breeders’ Cup. Take your photo with a giant replica of the Breeders’ Cup Trophy on display at Keeneland near the Paddock and Walking Ring and close to other popular photo locations, including the iconic Sycamore tree and famous Jockey Garden. Visit Keeneland’s world-famous Sales Pavilion, where numerous Breeders’ Cup winners sold before they began their racing careers or sold soon after their Breeders’ Cup performances.
- Available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in October from 8:30-10 a.m.
- Best suited for ages 13+. Advance ticket purchase online is recommended for $35 per person. Does not include General Admission on race days.
- Tour is 1½ hours in length and largely takes place outside.
- For your comfort we ask that you dress for the weather and wear appropriate shoes for walking up to 1¼ miles, standing and climbing stairs.
- Tours take place rain or shine, so please dress for the weather.
- Umbrellas are prohibited for the safety of horses and riders on the track. In the event of rain, we suggest bringing ponchos and rain boots.
- Please check in at the Keeneland Welcome Center located at the top of parking row 7 at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour.
Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Health and Safety
Keeneland follows the health and safety guidance of the CDC and state government to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Keeneland has increased sanitation measures throughout the grounds. Guests, horsemen and employees who are not feeling well are expected to stay home.
If tours sell out, please visit the Horse Country website at visithorsecountry.com. Additional tickets may still be available at this site.