Please note you are reserving free tickets for Air & Scare Outside at the Udvar-Hazy Center, located in Chantilly, VA.
Free timed tickets are required for the Air & Scare Outside event where there will be Halloween candy and activities running from 10 am to 5 pm. Tickets are available on an hourly basis between 10 am to 4 pm.
Tickets are not necessary for visiting the indoor exhibits of the Udvar-Hazy Center.
Reserve your time slot for Air & Scare Outside by selecting a time from the drop-down menu and clicking Confirm Time Slot to book.
Important Conditions: Tickets for Air & Scare Outside are for visitors’ personal use only and are valid only for the stated visitor(s), guest(s), date, and time. Passes may not be sold or transferred. Reservations that violate these conditions may be cancelled.
General Event Information
Ticket holders may line up for the outdoor event up to 15 minutes before their hour block and join the event any time during that hour block. The outside event is expected to engage families for about an hour. There may be periodic lines to the event. You are welcome to arrive at the Museum any time; tour the inside of the Museum does not require tickets. There will be an indoor spooky scavenger hunt game available to play via your mobile phone.
Face Coverings, Masks & Costumes:
- Everyone age 2 and older is required to wear a face covering while inside the Museum, regardless of vaccination status.
- Face coverings should fit properly and fully cover the nose, mouth, and chin with no large gaps.
- Children up to the age of 15 are welcome to wear a Halloween mask in outdoor areas. Inside the Museum, a visible, proper face covering must be worn at all times, and full costume masks are not permitted indoors.
- Fully vaccinated individuals may choose to not wear a face covering in outdoor areas. Please be considerate of others and maintain at least 6 feet of distance with individuals outside of your group.
- All visitors are welcome to wear costumes to the Museum. Halloween masks are prohibited for individuals over 16 years of age.
- Real and costume weapons are not permitted in the Museum or anywhere on museum property, including the outdoor area of this event.
Social Distancing: Please maintain a safe social distance of six feet or more between households or groups at all times. Social distancing signage and directions can be found throughout our facility.
Personal Belongings: We encourage you to limit the number of personal belongings and bags you bring into our facility, as they will be subject to a thorough search. Limiting the items you bring will increase your speed through security checkpoints, helping us all maintain a safe social distance.
Please note due to ongoing construction to repair the Boeing Aviation Hangar roof, some parts of the Udvar-Hazy Center will not be available during your visit. Click here for a list of what will be available and click here for more information on the construction project.