Under the Canopy: Animals of the Rainforest is a highly immersive exhibit experience where you and your family will discover what rainforests are, where they are in the world, how they are doing, and why they are important. You will be introduced to 15 different species of animals that call the rainforest home. These exotic animals include various amphibians—like frogs and toads— reptiles—like lizards, tortoises, and snakes—and even some mammals—like a Two-Toed Sloth! Interact with professional educational conservationists as you get up-close and personal with some of the world's most precious representatives of the animal kingdom.
Each group will check in at the Welcome Center and be assigned to a professional educator who will guide them throughout their entire visit, which will take approximately 60-75 minutes. The exhibit is divided down into 3 zones - Exotic Animal Encounters in Zone 1, Animal Encounters in Zone 2, and Large Animal Habitats in Zone 3. Groups of no more than 10 people will have 20 minutes in each zone to explore the exhibit, learn fun facts about the world's rainforests, and view the animals in their habitats. After 20 minutes, each group will progress with their educator to the next zone.
Please note: This admission ticket is for the Under the Canopy exhibit experience only. General Admission to Under the Canopy does not include access to the permanent exhibit spaces in Da Vinci Science Center. Those experiences remain closed. The Curiosity Gift Shop will be open to guests wishing to make a purchase before their departure.
All admission tickets are valid only for the selected date and time, and must be purchased online in advance.
Da Vinci Science Center Members: A valid membership ID and photo ID must be presented upon arrival in order to enter experience. Advanced reservations are still required. Admission is free with valid promo code.
Under the Canopy: Animals of the Rainforest is presented by ATAS International, Inc., Lehigh County, and Reach Cyber Charter School, with additional support from Moravian Academy.
Under the Canopy: Animals of the Rainforest is a traveling exhibit from Little Ray’s Nature Centre. Little Ray’s is the largest exotic animal rescue in Canada and focuses on public education.
Health and Safety Information:
- Visitors over the age of 2 must wear a face covering at all times.
- A minimal 6-foot distance must be adhered to between anyone not in your party.
- All tickets must be purchased online in order to provide contactless payment.
- We have created a socially distanced entry process. If you arrive more than 10 minutes before your reserved time, please wait in your car until at least 10 minutes before your reserved time before lining up at the entrance.
- The entire experience will be broken into 3 “zones”, with no more than 12 people in each zone at any given time. Each zone is approximately 2,000 square feet and every exhibit is spread out around each room, ensuring social distancing practices.
- Spaces are thoroughly disinfected and sinks and hand sanitizing stations are available.