Welcome to the Children's Museum of Virginia!
OPEN WED-SUN, 9AM-4PM
All guests must reserve tickets for each member of their party, including infants. Tickets are one hour entry windows.
Once inside, you may stay as long as you like until the museum closes. Please have your tickets and necessary identification ready to present upon entry to the museum.
GIFT CERTIFICATES/ COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS: Contact the museum Wed.- Sun. from 9:00am until 4:00pm at 757-393-5258.
ADULT ADMISSION POLICY: Out of courtesy to our visiting families and to maintain a high standard of safety, all unaccompanied adults are asked to leave a driver’s license or government-issued photo ID at the admission desk while exploring the museum.
CHILD SUPERVISION: Children must be supervised at all times. You must be 18 years or older to accompany a child into the museum. Adults are responsible for their children’s behavior.
FOOD & DRINKS are not permitted in the Museum.
We offer a variety of discounts! Guests who use these discounts, but do not present the criteria stated for the discount will be charged the difference once they are on-site.
- Bank of America's "Museums on Us" weekend is the first full weekend (Saturday and Sunday) of each month. Free admission is for cardholders only. Each cardholder must present valid Bank of America, Merrill or Bank of America Private Bank (US Trust) credit or debit card and valid picture ID on-site to receive the discount.
- Museums for All guests must present a signed EBT or WIC card and valid picture identification to receive the discount. There is a limit of 4 discounted admissions per card holder. Note that P-EBT cards do not qualify for the discount. The EBT or WIC cardholder must be present to qualify for the discount.
- Library Pass Program: Portsmouth Public Library cardholders can check-out a pass from their branch that allows up to 4 free admissions. You must reserve the pass from your library. Valid for use once a year. Entrants must show their library card and photo ID at the front desk.
- Portsmouth City and PPS employees must present their employee ID card on-site to receive the discount.
- TEACHER discount applies to Pre-K through 12th grade Virginia teachers ONLY. Teachers must present their teacher badge on-site to receive the discount.
- ACM or ASTC members: We participate in the ACM and ASTC reciprocal programs. Please review reciprocal policy guidelines before visiting the museum. Restrictions may apply. Visitors must present a valid membership card and photo ID to front desk staff.
- SHRMF members must present museum identification and valid photo ID on-site to receive the discount.