Advance timed entry passes for individuals are released on the first Wednesday of each month. Our next release for October 2018 passes is on Wednesday, July 11th at 9 a.m. ET (second Wednesday due to July 4th holiday on the first Wednesday).
Walk-Up Weekdays in September
The Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture is piloting Walk-Up Weekdays in September. Individuals may enter the museum on a first-come, first-served basis Monday through Friday for the entire month of September. Timed entry passes for individuals will only be required on Saturdays and Sundays in September. Walk-up entry in September is a continuation of a pilot to test no-pass entry.
To obtain a pass for Saturdays and Sundays in September
Advance Timed Passes in September
- Click on the date you wish to visit the museum on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Click the drop down menu to view and select available times.
- Click on “Confirm Time Slot” to advance to the next page and enter all pertinent information.
- Do not refresh your browser or you will lose your place in the queue during this process.
- Every visitor, including infants, needs a timed pass to visit the museum.
- You may obtain up to six (6) timed passes each month
- We kindly ask that you reserve only the actual number of passes that you need.
- The timed pass is for a self-guided visit to the museum.
- Each timed pass has a unique entry code and can only be used once.
- While we will do our best to honor the scheduled time on your passes, your actual entry time is subject to building capacity and safety.
- Please be prepared for large crowds and extended wait times on weekends and holidays.
Concerns may be submitted to Etix through a Customer Support Form
For all other matters related to NMAAHC and your visit, please
© , Etix, Inc. All rights reserved.